Additional Information

Friday, July 22, 2011

Get Involved

One of my cousins was recently elected to the county board, and I think it's great he's getting involved.  I hate listening to people complain about the government, whether it's at the local, state, or federal level.  Complaining doesnt' fix anything.  It doesn't solve any problems.  If you want it fixed, get involved and offer a solution! I'm not saying we shouldn't ever be upset by decisions made by government officials.  It is our right and responsibility to question our leaders.  But if you're not willing to participate, I don't want to listen to you.

People don't understand how much of a difference they can make.  This fact frustrates me! I believe every vote counts.  I also believe participating in local elections is just as important as participating in federal elections.  If you only care about who the next president will be, how can you expect any real change? The president can only do so much despite what is promised.  The president has to deal with Congress.  People, pay attention to who is campaigning to be your US senators and representatives! These people and the president have to work together! The same thing goes for state elections.  The governor has to work with your state senators and representatives.  You can't care about one and not the other.  I know this is pretty basic, but sometimes I'm amazed at people's ignorance.

So again, please get involved.  And when I say get involved, I don't mean you have to run in the next election.  But let your voice be heard.  Your officials represent YOU.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!