Additional Information

Sunday, February 5, 2012

This Isn't Winter

A few weeks ago I posted about my "Winter Nightmare."  That ice storm hit exactly a year ago this week, but it's hard to believe.  I'm not sure how the rest of the country is doing.  Here in Illinois, though, I can tell you it's more like spring outside.  We've had a mostly sunny, highs in the 50's week.  Where did winter go? Last year we were abandoning our home for a few days; now I'd like to open the windows to let the fresh air in.  My boss even let me leave work an hour early one day so I could enjoy the rest of the day! I took advantage of it, too.  I walked Tucker and Chip, and then I cleaned up some areas in our yard that I never got to this past fall.  The poor chickens were smoldering so I had to open the windows on the chicken coop.  Poor things.  The heat lamp we use to keep them warm in the winter was unneccessary.

But I'm not complaining.  I'm just hoping we don't get hit hard any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!