Additional Information

Monday, June 18, 2012

Just Like A Scene From A Horror Movie

After a crazy busy weekend, I finally had time to sit down with a movie and relax last night.  My husband left earlier in the day to be a volunteer faculty member at church camp for the week, so I was home alone with my two dogs.  Neither of them bark often.  Sometimes when a stranger pulls into the driveway, they bark, but only if they think I don't know anybody is there.  And sometimes they bark at animals.  Chip is the only one that likes to bark at nothing.

Anyway, last night I was on the couch watching my movie when Tucker began barking in the front living room.  Wondering who in the world would be coming to my house at such an hour and keeping the lights off, I got up and went to the front room.  A brief glance out the window assured me nobody was there.  But since I had no idea what else Tucker would be barking at, I went to the dining room and snuck a peek out that window.  Still nothing.  Then I went to the kitchen.  A peek out that window revealed nothing out of the ordinary.  But then, just as I was about to turn away, a sound came from behind me.  I turned, and the pantry door was opening.  So I did the only logical thing.  I flipped the light switch and yanked the door open.  Nobody was there, of course.

I never did figure out what Tucker was barking at.  But if I had to guess, I'd say he probably saw the thieving creature that helped itself to a free meal by chowing down on seven of my chickens the night before.  I know it came back last night because this morning my tomato plants were dug up.  I may need to stand sentry with the .22 tonight.

Hope everyone else had a nice, uneventful weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my lord, I would have been scared out of my wits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this post scared me!

    I sat down to watch a movie the other night (hardly ever watch TV). Of course I had to choose a scary movie. My husband works graveyard, so I should have known better. Only it wasn't a really scary movie, more in line with a psychological thriller. Still, not the best choice to watch when you're home alone at night.

    What you experienced would've had me cowering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!