Additional Information

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

REKINDLE Changes

Well August has arrived, and I'm sorry to say I haven't had much time to work on REKINDLE.  There have been too many other things fighting for my attention.  However, I am excited about a recent development in the storyline.  From the beginning, I planned on sharing the story through two POVs ~ Kallie's and Joey's.  I thought (ha ha, that's what I get for thinking) that Kallie would get more time than Joey.  But I don't think that will be the case.

Here's a very brief description of the story:

Kallie returns to town because she has finally sold her old house and needs to pack up all her stuff so she can move on with her future.  When Kallie had left town several years before, she left Joey behind to cope with a broken heart.  They run into each other early on and the story goes from there.

The development I'm excited about is this: Joey's life has been turned upside down.  The love of his life skipped town, and then he was forced to deal with another loss and his family is still trying to pick up the pieces.  I'm sensing a lot of conflict and tension yet to be written.  And that's more interesting than Kallie and her packing abilities.  Actually, she does more than pack boxes, but Joey's going to be the popular one.  So it's a shift, a big one in my opinion.  Kallie and her dilemmas are not going to be the focus of the story after all. 

Ahhh...writing.  Got to love the journey it takes us on!

No comments: